EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: BOARD MEMBER
Job Title: Board Member, History Trust of South Australia
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Remuneration: Board members receive remuneration in accordance with the South Australian Government’s Board Remuneration and Allowances Framework.
The History Trust of SA are seeing expressions of interest to join the Board as a member
The Minister for Education, Training and Skills, Hon. Blair Boyer MP, is seeking highly motivated and experienced individuals to join the History Trust of South Australia Board as a non-executive member. The successful candidates will be advocates for history in South Australia and will have a strong commitment to advancing the objectives of the Trust and delivering on its 10-Year Goals.
About the History Trust of SA:
The History Trust of South Australia is a statutory authority responsible for the preservation, management, and promotion of South Australia’s rich and diverse history and cultural heritage. The History Trust operates under the South Australian History Trust Act 1981 and is governed by a board of Trustees appointed by the Governor of South Australia in Executive Council.
The Trust’s mission is to promote the understanding and appreciation of South Australia’s rich history and cultural heritage through collecting, preserving, interpreting, and exhibiting objects and stories that reflect the State’s diverse communities and traditions. To achieve this, the Trust manages a unique portfolio of educational offerings and visitor experiences, including the Migration Museum, the South Australian Maritime Museum, the National Motor Museum, and South Australia’s History Festival.
About the role:
As a Board member, you will contribute to the strategic direction of the History Trust, ensuring that our work remains relevant, accessible, and engaging to all South Australians. Working alongside your fellow board members and with the CEO, you will attend regular meetings, participate in decision-making processes and provide expert advice in your field.
- Participate in regular board meetings to provide strategic guidance and oversight of the History Trust of SA’s operations
- Assist in the development and implementation of the History Trust of SA’s strategic plan and 10-Year Goals
- Promote the History Trust of SA’s mission and values within the community
- Attend relevant events and functions to represent the History Trust of SA
- Contribute to fundraising and development initiatives to support the History Trust of SA’s operations
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of South Australian history and heritage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with other board members
- Experience in governance, preferably in a not-for-profit or government context.
The appointment will be for a three-year term. Board members receive remuneration in accordance with the South Australian Government’s Board Remuneration and Allowances Framework.
The History Trust of SA is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace culture. We encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people from regional and remote areas, LGBTIQ+ people, and people with disabilities.
To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications, experience and suitability for the position.
Applications should be addressed to the Minister for Education, Training and Skills, and submitted via email to email@example.com by COB Monday 20 March 2023.