Evocative Arts and Heritage offers a variety of services to assist museums, art galleries and heritage sites in the creation of dynamic and engaging exhibitions, site interpretation and educational resources for visitors of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
Moira Simpson is a freelance artist, educator, curator and writer based in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia. Her services include:
- Significance assessment to identify multiple meanings of objects, significance for different groups in society, and the hidden stories that reflect culturally-diverse historical perspectives.
- Research, interviewing and oral history recording.
- Advice on cultural diversity and access issues.
- Advice on management of culturally sensitive objects and archival materials such as Indigenous Australian secret sacred or ceremonial objects and religious objects from various faiths.
- The development of exhibitions and interpretation strategies that are engaging for visitors of all ages using various interpretive strategies including age-related design and texts; experiential learning; interactive (hands-on) activities; visual thinking strategies; and novel approaches to label-writing.
- The design of educational strategies and writing of resources for educational groups to enhance learning and use of collections on and off-site.
- Visitor evaluation to inform exhibition development, interpretation and marketing
- Policy development to enhance visitation and develop links with other sites in the area / community.